Borders & Crossings
- A young artist navigates the edge of culture and mythology in a new show in Berlin. By Ilona Cerowska.
- Our Bloomsday tribute: how a classic American comedy sketch playfully tortures language in a way Joyce would have appreciated.
- I’m not super into Afrobeat but there’s one Afrobeat artist that really gets to me. Click the video for a performance by Femi Anikulapo-Kuti. Seriously, watch it now. Then read below when you get back.See what I mean? His music’s got so much soul, it hurts. In a good way.
- The Day of the Dead serves a community's need to mourn a beloved young man.
- The unexpected comes through the author's dreams and reflections about family and closeness.
- To start off our Day of the Dead series from today until Nov. 2: how a community readies itself for special visitors.
- Kit Caless, co-founder of Influx Press, on their new anthology of coastal writing.
- A short story by novelist Heidi James.