Health & Healing
- The maxim 'we are what we eat' is further proved by new, ground-breaking neuroscientific discoveries: our bacteria and brains are talking. By Ted Diran & John F. Cryan.
- The rich history of this sexy fruit is also worth including in your daily diet — for all sorts of reasons. By Lisa Ann Wilson.
- More on Susan on love, illustrated, from one of our favs: the people at Brainpickings.
- The Cold War origins of drinking water contamination. By Anthony Hall.
- To start off our Day of the Dead series from today until Nov. 2: how a community readies itself for special visitors.
- Los Angeles-based vegan lifestyle blogger Eva Bloomfield on the pros and cons of raw food.
- Dr R. Michael Fisher on the nascent profession of fearology.