- What research is telling us about the effects of willing ourselves to be quiet for a few minutes a day. By Nicky Penttila.
- The maxim 'we are what we eat' is further proved by new, ground-breaking neuroscientific discoveries: our bacteria and brains are talking. By Ted Diran & John F. Cryan.
- The challenge of contemporary psychiatry: how to embrace progress without becoming its brainless and heartless devotee. By Bernadette Grosjean.
- Behind the scenes at the Berlin Museum of Medical History with photographer Daniel Alexander and cultural historian Dr Marius Kwint.
- The how and why of the decrease in violence. By Steven Pinker.