- The tragic case study of Afghanistan before blowback. By Chris Lowry.
- Paul Fussell on a big oxymoron.
- PHOTO STORY: Native species and mirrored men by Maslen & Mehra.
- BOOKS: Herbert Wright responds to Stephen Emmott's pessimistic view of the future of humanity.
- 68 years on, CC O'Hanlon reflects on life in the city today.
- EXTRACT: George Monbiot on the artificiality of conservation.
- EXTRACT: George Monbiot on sheep and social history.
- EXTRACT: George Monbiot on wild boar and woodland monoculture.